Centre of Excellence for IoT - MeitY, NASSCOM, ERNET initiative to help the IoT start up ecosystem
The Centre of Excellence for IoT was announced by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi in July 2015 as a part of Digital India Initiative to jump start the IOT ecosystem taking advantage of India’s IT strengths and help the country attain a leadership role in the convergent area of hardware and software. The main objective of the center is to create innovative applications and domain capability by harnessing the innovative nature of startup community and leveraging the experience of corporate players.
- To create innovative applications and domain capability across vertical for country's needs such as Smart City, Smart Health, Smart Manufacturing, Smart Agriculture, and others.
- To build industry capable talent, start-up community, and entrepreneurial ecosystem for IoT.
- To provide an ecosystem for innovation to thrive and embrace entrepreneurship.
- To energise research mind-set and reduce cost in Research and Development by providing neutral and interoperable, multi technology stack laboratory facilities.
- To reduce import dependency on IoT components and promote indigenization.
- To position India as a provider of end-to-end solution in engineering space.
- To provide environment for product creation, testing and validation.